Thursday 9 July 2015

TGIFF! - A Case for the Precious

Hello darlings and welcome to TGIFF! The place where every finish deserves a party! I have to say that it was looking dodgy about whether I'd have a finish to share (again) this month. I have several projects on the go, but nothing close enough to being finished.

Until yesterday.

I got a tablet at work yesterday -- 21st century baby! Since I take my computer to a lot of meetings and bring it home most nights, my new tablet needed some special and, dare I say it, fabulous protection from the elements (a.k.a. me). Something bright and fun.

I pulled out some improv blocks I've been making over the last couple of months and put them together.


I made the case using the laptop case tutorial I made for the Sew Sisters Kona Club Challenge a couple of years ago, with a few modifications.


Modifications included adding two layers of batting for more cushion and making the flap asymmetrical.


The quilting is improv too and done with a dark grey Aurifil #2630. It's a little dodgy (clearly the word of the day) in spots, but this case is going to get used and abused so I'm not fussed about it.

And inside...a perfect reminder to keep things in perspective...and to daydream about quilting. :)


Definitely a TGIFF!




19 comments:

  1. I love everything about that case! Hooray! Thanks for the linky too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great finish - stylish, practical and fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome finish! Great choice for lining. Have fun with the new tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the case for your tablet! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice 'n stylish! Great conversation piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta be stylin'! I love the bright, bold statement it makes. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your case. Because it is so pretty and happy, you will be more likely to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the asymmetry you gave the flap and the inside fabric is such a wonderful reminder of fun things away from work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good choice for the lining!! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for hosting and helping with our Friday motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks Great! How cool to go to serious meetings with a case that fun! :)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of the lining bringing a bit of fun to your work life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A case like this is on my list too. I love how yours turned out. Great use of an orphan block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice and such fun colours!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a practical project. I really like the "keep calm" pattern inside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I made an envelope style case a few years ago from a pattern in Quilts 'n More. Much nicer than buying one, as you know. I love the Keep Calm fabric inside, dreaming of quilts sure helped me get through many work days (that and dreaming of escaping to Florida lol)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neat and your style! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...