Thursday 12 March 2015

TGIFF! - A Place for Each Child...

And each child in his place. That's the idea, anyway. It's been awhile. Sorry about that. There's some not-so-fun stuff going on around here.

Before the not-so-fun stuff started though, I did finish the boys' placemats so that is what I'm going to celebrate today!

Each boy picked out the colours he wanted for his placemat. The two older boys helped with the design and improv piecing. I did the quilting and the binding. Love these collaborative efforts!


Daniel went for a monochromatic look.


Micah (with a little help from Mama) went for these colours.


And chose a Star Wars backing.


Patrick went bold with this colour palette. In making his placemat, we talked about dominant and accent colours for the colour palette. He chose blues to be the dominant colour and red, salmon and purple for the accent colours. The salmon is looking kind of dominant though. I guess the next lesson will be about proportion. Lol! 


Think having these nice placemats will curb dinnertime chaos? Yeah, me neither. But I can dream... ;)

15 comments:

  1. The placemats look awesome! I love how all of your boys took part in the making of their own placemat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great placemats! Very sorry to hear about not so fun stuff happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the placemats AND that the kids had a part in them. I'm bummed about the not-so-fun stuff too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool. I like monochromatic look and that very simple style of Micah's mat. Better days and sun are coming, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so so much for Hosting TGIFF today (for me) - Aylin xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the placemats...and maybe they will help curb a few spills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it not amazing how they all chose such different colors? My sister and me are as similar as chalk and cheese. The improv piecing, modern design and the straight line quilting = perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aren't those fun! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that all three are so different! Great job boys! Chaos and meal time go hand in hand ~ even when your children are grown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great placemats. Supper with boys does calm down a bit -- although now they're young adults, they trade insults and jokes over meals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The placemats are lovely and look very coordinated with one another even with all their differences.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great placemats- and that Star Wars fabric!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kids picked out those fabrics? Nice work! Don't you want a little bit of dinnertime chaos? ;-)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  14. And there's a nice bright set of finishes! I love how you made a design lesson out of it - lol. You may have some up and coming quilters there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice, I like how each place mat is different and yet they go so well with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...