Saturday 8 November 2014

Layers of Leaves - A Finished Top

I finished the top for Layers of Leaves. Yay! Thank you so much for the feedback on my last progress post. I loved reading your comments and saw that a lot of you had the same thoughts and comments that I had been thinking of when looking at the different options.

I ended up going with option 5 ie. finishing it off with the same grey as the top grey.


I don't think there will be that much grey at the bottom when all is said and done, but I envision a lot of quilting on this piece, which will shrink it so I'm leaving a lot extra in for the time being.

It's also taken a bit of a departure from my inspiration photo and design so the name is 'leaving' a lot to be desired. Ha ha. I'll be trying to think of a new name. Any suggestions?

Started pulling some threads...liking it so far.


I'm also thinking that I'd like to add some hand stitching. Yes, you heard me. Hand stitching. Moi! Should be interesting ;)

Have a great weekend! It's snowing here...

12 comments:

  1. Really intriguing the design path you are on with this piece. I see an Arctic Sunset myself. Looking forward to seeing your continued progression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking sunset too, but African for some reason ; )
    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha; that makes three! I also thought sunset on water! "Sunset ripple" to be precise, although, coming from the UK, that sounds like ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece - I am looking forward to seeing the quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any ideas for the name, but I love the piece! I cannot wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this design. Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunset waves. Looked like the sunset on the ocean. Look forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still see layers of leaves. it kind of reminds me of the way they drift down from side to side as they fall to the ground on a still day (i.e. no wind) The grey background definitely says November to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sunrise fog... that's sometimes what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simply stunning quilt design. I love the flow of the strips and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...