First, I agonized over the fabric selection. Janet wanted red, white and blue fabrics that read as those, but had some of the other colours in them. For a solids girl like myself, this was a big stretch (This isn't a complaint -- I like doing bees for exactly these reasons). I started with a different white and blue, but realized midway through that I didn't have enough of the white. Seam ripping. A piece of red fabric was too short for one of the paper piecing sections. Seam ripping. Did it again -- same piece! Seam ripping.
This block did not like me. And I didn't like it...until it was done. I wasn't sure about the lighter blue either, but I think it works. Hopefully Janet thinks so too!
Happy Monday, all!