Monday 23 June 2014

Thread Heaven (And Fabric too!)

Friday was a freaking GREAT mail day! I received not one, but two prizes I won recently. First up was this Aurifil set that I won from the Bloggers Quilt Festival with Amy's Creative Side. The Alison Glass collection -- be still my Aurifil-loving heart! I've been eyeing this exact collection (and the fabric line too!) Thank you so much, Aurifil and Amy!




Next up was the delicious bundle of fabric that I won from the Niagara Modern Quilt Guild Show last weekend at Quilt Canada. These fabrics came from The Workroom, Needlework, Stitch and Modern Bee. More great shops to explore when I get down to the Toronto-Niagara area again. Thanks NMQG and these wonderful shops!


I finally finished the Weathervane block. I did switch out the Orange Stitch fabric for a coral Painter's Canvas and I'm so glad I did. This is a great block, but I kept making silly mistakes so I spent a lot of time with my stitch ripper. I'm very happy with how it turned out though so it was all worth it! Hopefully Lisa will be pleased with it too!


Happy Monday, all!

4 comments:

  1. Great wins, M-R! Aurifil is my " dream win" too. Not that I'm complaining, as I've had some luck lately as well. Your weathervane block looks fantastic, and the Coral is such a great colour. Hope you're having a goos summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I won a box of Aurifil last year and it's been so fun to play with! Colors I never would have picked have been so nice to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This block was definitely worth the extra effort and as much as I loved the orange, the finished block is beautiful. Congrats on all the prizes. Those threads are just so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...