Wednesday 11 July 2012

Works in Progress Wednesday - July 11, 2012

I've been slowly getting my studio cleaned up and organized. It's slow going, but it's looking good and I'll share some pictures soon. It feels great to be getting some order into that chaos.


New Projects: 
Sophie's Growth Chart: I started making my niece Sophie's growth chart with this stack of fabric...

and these threads...
on this background.


I'll have Sophie's growth chart finished for this Friday's TGIFF! party, which I'm hosting. If you've got a recent finish, I hope you will link up.

I've been documenting the process so that I can do a tutorial as part of the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop, which was organized by Beth of Plum and June. This is a fun blog hop to meet bloggers who started in 2011 and 2012. So many great new blogs and awesome tutorials to check out. My day on the hop is July 31 and I'm planning on sharing a tutorial for making this growth chart.

Completed Projects: Nada.

Current Projects: 
Hudson's Bay Point Blanket Quilt - I ironed the front, back and batting and started laying it out to pin baste, but ran out of masking tape. The packing tape I tried just wasn't cutting it so I had to put it away until I could get some more masking tape. So annoying!
Selvage pincushions - No progress.

Spiral/Spring seta colour
Wedding quilt
Nine patch colourwash

WIP Wednesday Recap:
New projects: 1
Completed projects: 0 
Current projects: 4
On Hold/UFO: 14

9 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your fabric stack, looking forward to seeing the growth chart when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the circles! beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric you have chosen for the growth chart:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics and will look forward to seeing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colours....can't wait to see your finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good! No finish from me im afraid but quilting retreat weekend should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried painter's tape for your basting? I sometimes use it on smaller projects... don't know how it would do on your Hudson Bay Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your growth chart - I want to make some and never decided on a pattern......

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...