Friday 2 March 2012

Featured on TN&TN Plus What the FMQAYGQAL? Update...Again



Guess what? I'm being featured today over at The Needle and Thread Network! The Needle and Thread Network is a great site for Canadian fibre artists and creative stitchers and sewists. Now I'm not sure how much I fit that category, but I am a regular and enthusiastic participant in WIP Wednesdays. LOL. I love checking out my Canadian cohorts' work -- such an inspiring variety of needle arts and amazing talent.
http://www.quokkaquilts.blogspot.comBefore you run right over there to check out my feature though, I've got my FMQAYGQAL progress to share. Although I was ready early for TGIFF! this week (which is at Quokka Quilts today so go check it out and link up!), I'm late to the FMQAYGQAL party, among many other things. Go figure.

Here are the next four designs of the FMQAYGQAL also over at Quokka Quilts. We're at the midway point and I'm keen to see this all together. I think it's going to look very cool when it's all done and together.

Block 1: Ocean Current - I definitely struggled with this one. I don't think I did some of the swirls big enough. 
Back - Ocean Current
Block 2: Leafy vine
Back - Leafy vine
Block 3: Landscape - This one looks better photographed than it does in real life. I noticed at a number of points that where there's good thread buildup on the front, there's some space between the thread in the back. You can really see it below, but did anyone else find that too? I'm thinking that that spacing may disappear when this is washed so I'm not to fussed about it.
Back - Landscape
Block 4: Sea Oats - This one was funny. I started from the right and moved to the left and found that my sea oats started out good and got worse as I went. Oh well, at least the sea oats that I really don't like are on the white. ;)
Back - Sea Oats
Ensemble - Front:

Ensemble - Back:

Okay, now you can go check out The Needle and Thread Network and Quokka Quilts. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to your feature Michelle...very nice.
    Your FMQ looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is just magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature - I'll go check it out! Your quilt blocks look great. I had a lot of thread build up on landscape 3 also but I thought I was supposed to. -Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the feature - I'm off to find out more, but before I go, just wanted to say I like your FM blocks - particularly the texture in the Landscape one - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came here after reading your feature and boy, I'm glad I did. I've got you bookmarked now!

    Way to go on the FMQing! Very cool. I'm always amazed at what can be done with a machine. You make me want to go sit at my machine and practice my FMQing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you did the Feature Friday! : ) It was great to read about you. Ringette is awesome. I hope my daughter gets into it. Lovely FMQing! Enjoy all the visitors! ; )

    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your FMQ is amazing! Congrats on the TNATN feature, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like all your blocks, especially the landscape. I didn't do the filler lines. Yours looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look lovely! And congrats on being featured! You are definitely an artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks - you are amazing to do all this and have three young ones too!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...